RULES (OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES ARE BELOW. THE RULES ON WEBSITE SUPERCEDE ANY RULES IN PRINT FORM)
1. USA Hockey Rules will be followed
2. Only properly registered USAH and IIHF teams are allowed to participate. All teams must furnish an approved validated roster from their governing body.
3. All preliminary round games as well as quarter finals and semi finals will be three periods. Period lengths for the preliminary round games are as follows.
2006 age group 10-15-15 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less.
2007 age group 12-12-15 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less.
2008 age group 12-12-15 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less.
2009 and 2009 age group 12-12-15 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less
2010 and 2011 age group 12-12-12 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less
PLAYOFFS PERIOD LENGTHS ARE AS FOLLOWS
The period lengths for all quarter finals age groups 2006-2007 12-12-12 for age groups 2008 2009 and 10-10-15 for age groups 2010-2011
The period lengths for semi-finals in all age groups are 12-12-15 minutes all stop time.
The Finals for 2006-2007 and 2008 age groups will be 15-15-15 min stop time periods . The 2009, 2010 and 2011 age groups will be 12-12-15
THERE WILL BE A TWO MINUTE WARMUP FOR ALL GAMES DURING ROUND ROBIN.
4. Finals are three periods of stopped time.
5.. Pre-game warm-ups will be two minutes.
6.. Each team should be ready to play 15 minutes PRIOR to their scheduled start times without any advanced warning
7. There will be no discussion on coaches’ or players ejections from games. Any Match Penalty will be subject to automatic expulsion from the tournament with directors decision being final.
8. Minor penalties will be 2 minutes and Major penalties will be 5 minutes for all games games.
9. A defaulted game result will be 1-0 for the winning team and 0–6 result to the losing team.
10. For the purpose of score calculations any team winning by more than 6 goals a maximum of 6 will be used for calculating the goal percentage. EXAMPLE A team wins 10-1 the score will be entered as 7-1 for the method of calculating the best differential formula as outlined below.
11. There is no overtime during round robin play. Any game which ends with the score being tied will be entered as a tie for both teams.
12. During the playoffs in the result of a tie it will result in 3 on 3 for five minutes of stop time first goal wins the game. If the score is still tied after OT the teams will enter a shootout of 3 players. Teams must submit 3 different players. If the shootout is tied after 3 shooters it will result in a sudden death shootout. Teams must use all players before a player can be repeated.
13. All eligible players must be entered on the first game score sheet (maximum 20 players including 3 goaltenders).
14. 2 line passes will be in accordance with USAH rules
15. Offsides will be in accordance with USAH rules.
16. Time outs are not permitted during round robin play. Each team is permitted the use of one, 30-second timeout during playoff action.
17. No Protests for any suspensions or match penalties will be accepted.
18. Every team must dress a minimum of players in accordance with USAH rules.
19. Body contact will be permitted only at the 2006 and 2007 and age groups.
20. Slaps shots are not allowed in accordance with USAH rules at the squirt level. Slapshots are allowed at the peewee level and above.
21. Match penalties are subject to suspension from all USAH functions pending the outcome of a hearing held by their local governing body.
22. A player must participate in at least 1 game during the round robin portion of the tournament or appear on a gametes during round robin to be eligible for the playoff round.
23. Mouthpieces and neck guards must be worn if your governing body requires their use.
Points for Regulation Win = 2 Pts, Tie = 1.0 Pts, and Zero Pts for a Regulation Loss
24. The committee reserves itself the final word on the interpretation of the rules.
A. In the event a game cannot be played or rescheduled for any reason it will be ruled a 1-1 game. This includes weather and or equipment or building malfunctions.
Tie Breakers after round robin play
1. If 2 teams are tied in points, the following order applies to determine the ranking of teams:
3. Most Games Won
4. Best differential Formula = Goals For / (Goals For + Goals Against) **** When applying this formula the maximum goal differential in any game shall be no greater than 6.
5. Least Goals Against
6. Most Goals For
7. Least Penalty minutes during the tournament
8. Flip of a coin
In the case where more than 2 teams are tied in points, the above order applies to determine the ranking of teams:
(The tied teams will go through each tie breaker once a team has been eliminated the remaining teams will start again at tie breaker 1 until a team is determined the winner; Example-if no team is determined ahead of all other teams after Tie Breaker #1, then it will move on to Tie Breaker #2, etc)
THERE IS NO RESEEDING AFTER QTRS
2010 age group 5 division winners will advance along with 5 wildcards determined by the above elimination process. The division winners will be seeds 1-5 The wild cards will be seeded 6-8.
2009 age group
7 division winners will advance. The division winners will be seeds 1-7. The wild card will be seeded 8.
2008 age group
7 division winners will advance along with 1 wildcard determined by the above elimination process. The division winners will be seeds 1-7. The wild card will be seeded 8.
2007 age group
5 division winners will advance along with 3 wildcards determined by the above elimination process.
2006 age group.
5 division winners will advance to the playoffs along with 3 wildcards determined by the above elimination process.
2005 age group
3 division winners will advance to the playoffs along with 5 wildcards determined by the above elimination process
Tournament Director Rick Zacher and the tournament committee have the final decision on all matters covered and not covered above. Any interpretation of the rules are at the discretion of the Director and committee.
Please respect the referees at all times, should you have a situation you would like to discuss concerning a particular individual, we have appointed a referee in chief who is available to you, he does not have the power to change a referees decision. However, we have advised our refereeing staff to treat coaches with respect and they will expect the same in return. They will not exercise any patience when being sworn, screamed or gestured at any time.